The last time you cried, who'd you think was inside?



Elliott Smith - Bottle Up And Explode
 
Bottle up and explode over and over
Keep the troublemaker below
Put it away and check out for the day
And in for a round of overexposure
The thing Mother Nature provides to get up and go
 
Bottle up and explode, seeing the stars surrounding you
Red, white, and blue

You look at him like you've never known him
But I know for a fact that you have
The last time you cried, who'd you think was inside?
 
Thinking that you were about to come over
But I'm tired now of waiting for you
You never show
 
Bottle up and go, if you're going to hide it's up to you
I'm coming through
 
Bottle up and go, I can make it outside
 
I'll get through becoming you
 
Becoming you
 
Becoming you

---


I want to tell you about Elliott Smith and how I feel about him but right now I have other thing to be focused on so I just write a little something here to fill this blog.

There are so many of his songs that I feel relate to, even if the official meaning of the songs are different with my interpretation. Music is art and everyone who hears it sometimes gives different meaning and feeling to it.

Well. The first half of Bottle Up and Explode's lyrics are my life right now and I hope I'll get through becoming someone I don't want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment